Candy Apples with Reddy Apple Mix
Making candy apples is easy, just add water to this ready-to-use mix, cook, dip and package!
- Small, clean, and dry apples
- #4146 – Reddy Apple Mix
- 6-8 oz. of water
- TIP: Have apples clean and dry with setter sticks in place before making the candy coating.
- Empty contents of one (3.5 lb.) bag of #4146 Reddy Apple Mix into your #4008 Reddy Apple Cooker
- Add 6 to 8oz of water
- Mix water and contents of bag thoroughly with a spatula, scraping down the sides of the kettle if needed
- Turn on Reddy Apple Cooker and heat mix to 290-300 degrees F, stirring occasionally until the mixture looks glassy. (About 10-15 minutes)
- Dip your apples – be sure to spin the apple well to remove excess coating (a thinly coated apple is easier to eat)
- Tilt the kettle and secure it with the latch on the side of the cooker for easy dipping
- Set candy apples on parchment paper to cool
- Allow candy apple to cool for 30 minutes before serving or packaging.