Classic Caramel Apples
Making delicious caramel apples is easy. With Gold Medal’s 0g Trans Fat Free Midway’s Finest Caramel Apple Dip, you can create gourmet apples in minutes.
- Small, clean, and dry apples
- #4224 Midway’s Finest Caramel Apple Dip
- TIP: Have apples clean, dry and at room temperature before you start dipping. As the caramel dip is heating up place the setter sticks into your apples.
- Open the caramel dip can and place open end up into the #4211C Twin Caramel Apple Dip Warmer or into a double boiler.
- Warm the caramel to 180 degrees F. Stir the caramel to achieve consistent 180 degrees F throughout the can.
- Holding the apple by the stick, dip the apple into the warm caramel all the way up to the point where the stick enters the apple.
- Take the apple out of the caramel and gently spin off excess caramel.
- Place caramel covered apple onto a cooling tray or parchment paper.
- For gourmet caramel apples roll the freshly dipped apple in nuts, candy, cookies, etc.
- Allow caramel apple to cool for 30 minutes before serving or packaging.