Funnel Cakes made with #5100 Pennsylvania Dutch Funnel Cake Mix
Ready to make the fluffy, perfectly fried funnel cake? The Pennsylvania Dutch Funnel Cake Mix is the perfect choice. Crafted to significantly reduce grease absorption, this mix will draw the crowds and keep them coming back.
- #5100 Pennsylvania Dutch Funnel Cake Mix
- Frying Oil
- Preparing the funnel cake batter
- Place 90oz. of water in a large container
- Using a blender on slow speed, or a whisk, slowly add the funnel cake mix
- Blend until the batter is smooth
- Pour the batter into a funnel pouring pitcher
- Making Your Funnel Cake
- Fill your shallow fryer to the recommended level with vegetable oil and heat to 400 degrees F.
- Place the funnel cake mold in the fryer
- Pour batter into the mold from a funnel cake pitcher, starting with a circle of batter near the outer edge of the mold, then making a zig-zag overlapping design touching the outer edge circle.
- Do not overfill mold since the batter will expand as it cooks
- After approximately 30 seconds remove the mold and turn the funnel cake over with tongs to achieve a golden brown on both sides.
- Remove the funnel cake and let it cool briefly.
- Top with powdered sugar, ice cream, honey or any kind of your favorite toppings.