Pumpkin Spice Funnel Cakes with #5100 Pennsylvania Dutch Funnel Cake Mix
Serve up some pumpkin spice funnel cakes with this easy recipe.
- #5100 Pennsylvania Dutch Funnel Cake Mix
- 1 cup #1391 Pumpkin Spice Mix
- 90 oz. Water
- Frying Oil
- Preparing the funnel cake batter
- Pour water into a a large container
- Using a blender on slow speed, or a whisk, slowly add the funnel cake mix
- Add in the #1391 Pumpkin Spice Mix
- Blend until the batter is smooth
- Pour the batter into a funnel pouring pitcher
- Making Your Funnel Cake
- Fill your shallow fryer to the recommended level with vegetable oil and heat to 400 degrees F.
- Place the funnel cake mold in the fryer
- Pour batter into the mold from a funnel cake pitcher, starting with a circle of batter near the outer edge of the mold, then making a zig-zag overlapping design touching the outer edge circle.
- Do not overfill mold since the batter will expand as it cooks
- After approximately 30 seconds remove the mold and turn the funnel cake over with tongs to achieve a golden brown on both sides.
- Remove the funnel cake and let it cool briefly.
- Top with powdered sugar, ice cream, honey or any kind of your favorite toppings.