Red Velvet Puff Popper Waffle Cones
For the most decadent ice cream experience, a red velvet puff popper waffle cone is perfect. Full of rich, chocolate flavor, it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- 1 bag #5018 Old Fashioned Waffle Mix
- 10 cups water
- 2/3 cup #2615 Red Velvet Additive
- For smaller batches of red velvet, use 1 Tbsp additive per 2 cups batter.
- Pour waffle mix into a bowl and add 5 cups water. Mix using a wire whisk until smooth.
- Add the remaining 5 cups water and whisk until combined.
- Add 1/3 cup #2615 Red Velvet Additive and mix.
- Let batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Pour waffle batter into a seasoned Gold Medal Puff Popper Baker #5055ET.
- Bake for approximately 2 1/2 minutes at 400°F.
- Remove waffle from waffle iron and place directly into paper food cone to form shape.
- Fill with ice cream and toppings and serve immediately.