Chocolate, chocolate cookies and worms? Kids will love this dirt fudge recipe as they bite into delicious fudge, cookies and gummy worms. Dirt fudge is simple to make and fun to eat!
Whether you are new to the fudge business or a seasoned pro, our Sweet Selections® Fudge Mix and recipes make cooking & selling fudge easier than ever.
- 1 bag #2715 Sweet Selections® Chocolate Fudge Mix
- 12 oz. Water
- 4 sticks Butter (1/4 lb.)
- 1 lb. Lightly crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
- 8 oz. Gummy Worms
- Turn on the fudge cooker.
- Add 4 sticks of butter and 12 oz. of water to the kettle. Let stir until all butter is melted.
- Slowly add in one 7 lb. bag of #2715 Sweet Selections® Chocolate Fudge Mix.
- Let stir until the mix is smooth and shiny, about 160 degrees F. (Total mixing time is approximately 15 minutes.)
- Pour into pan (#2720) lined with parchment paper (#2721). Sprinkle the 1 lb. of crushed chocolate sandwich cookies on top. Do not pre-slice. Let fudge set for a few hours, covered loosely with parchment paper.
- Then flip it over, peel off the parchment paper and place loosely on top.
- Let it continue to set for a couple of more hours. (Total recommended time is 8 hours.)
- Flip fudge back over with the original top side up. Top with gummy worms. Then slice and serve.
- Fudge should be stored in an airtight, dry container at room temperature.