Red Velvet Funnel Cake
Add some extra indulgence to your funnel cakes with the Red Velvet Funnel Cake recipe. The rich red color is eye-catching and attracts attention; while the chocolate taste is a scrumptious treat for the taste buds. Topped with powdered sugar or cream cheese frosting, it’s a true crowd-pleaser.
- One 5lb bag of funnel cake mix (#5100 or #5115)
- ¾ cup #2615 Red Velvet Funnel Cake Mix Additive
- 90oz. of water
- Frying Oil
- Preparing the funnel cake batter
- Add ¾ cup of #2615 Red Velvet Funnel Cake Mix Additive to a dry 5lb. bag of funnel cake mix and blend well. Use a whisk and blend while mix is still dry
- Place the 90oz. of water into a large container
- Using a blender on slow speed, or a whisk, slowly add the funnel cake mix
- Blend until the batter is smooth
- Pour the batter into a funnel pouring pitcher
- Making Your Funnel Cake
- Fill your shallow fryer to the recommended level with vegetable oil and heat to 400 degrees F.
- Place the funnel cake mold in the fryer
- Pour batter into the mold from a funnel cake pitcher, starting with a circle of batter near the outer edge of the mold, then making a zig-zag overlapping design touching the outer edge circle.
- Do not overfill mold since the batter will expand as it cooks
- After approximately 30 seconds remove the mold and turn the funnel cake over with tongs to achieve a golden brown on both sides.
- Do not overcook or the funnel cake will turn a dark red. It should stay bright red.
- Remove the funnel cake and let it cool briefly.
- Top with powdered sugar or cream cheese frosting.