Chocolate Whiskey Swirl Fudge
Chocolate Whiskey Swirl Fudge is easy to make, delicious and extremely profitable. Tempt your fudge-loving customers with this tasty recipe. Be sure to check out our fudge swirling technique video for step by step details.
Whether you are new to the Fudge Business or a seasoned pro, our Sweet Selections® Fudge Mix and recipes make producing and selling fudge easier than ever.
- 1 bag #2717 Sweet Selections® Base Fudge Mix
- oz. Water
- 2 sticks Butter (1/2 lb.)
- 5 oz. Whiskey or Bourbon 86 proof (Reserve 2 oz. for the end)
- 1 bag #2715 Sweet Selections® Chocolate Fudge Mix
- 12 oz. Water
- 4 sticks Butter (1 lb.)
- Turn on the fudge cooker.
- Add 7 oz. of water, 3 oz. of Whiskey or Bourbon and 2 sticks (1/2 lb.) of butter, pre-sliced. Let stir until all butter is melted.
- Slowly add in one 7 lb. bag of #2717 Sweet Selections® Base Fudge Mix.
- Let stir until the mix is smooth and shiny, about 160 degrees F. (Total mixing time is approximately 15 minutes.)
- Add additional 2 oz. of Whiskey or Bourbon and allow it to mix in.
- Pour half the batch into a pan (#2720) pre-lined with parchment paper (#2721). Pour the other half of the batch into another pan lined with parchment paper.
- Keep pans warm to not allow fudge to set.
- Quickly steam clean the kettle.
- Once steam cleaned, add 4 sticks (1 lb.) of butter and 12 oz. of water and let stir until butter is melted.
- Slowly add one 7 lb. bag of #2715 Sweet Selections ® Chocolate Fudge Mix. Let stir until the mix is smooth and shiny, about 160 degrees F.
- Immediately pour half of the chocolate fudge on top of each half-filled white whiskey batch so that there is a layer of chocolate fudge on top and white whiskey on the bottom.
- Use a hard, flat spatula to pull the white whiskey up from the bottom. Drag it across the top of the chocolate fudge. Alternate pulling from right to left as you move up the pan. This will result in a striped appearance across the fudge.
- Drag a #4145 setter stick in vertical lines, alternating from top to bottom, through the stripes. This will drag the stripes into a beautiful winged pattern.
- Do not pre-slice. Let fudge set for a few hours, covered loosely with parchment paper.
- Then flip it over, peel off the parchment paper and place loosely on top. Let it continue to set for a couple of more hours. (Total recommended time is 8 hours.)
- Flip fudge back over with the original top side up. Then slice and serve.
- Fudge should be stored in an airtight, dry container at room temperature.